Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chivalry is not dead

And how would I know this? The lowly 14-year-old? PU-LEEEAAAASE. Stake dances, my friends. Stake dances. BEST. THING. EVER. Last night, I went to a dinner/workshop/dance at the Stake Center, along with Sarah's friends Jaden and Hayley. I thought I would have to look elsewhere for eligible young bachelors (starting early, you know how it is ), but I was dead wrong. For the dinner, we were all assigned seats so we would mingle. Of course, Sarah, Jaden, and I all sat together, but Hayley was on the complete opposite side of the gym. She got to sit by a guy that looked like Frodo though, so it was all good. She was floored when the boys offered to get her silverware and cleared her plate. Hats off to you boys. AND THEN COMES THE DANCE. If you've never been to a Rockford Stake dance, you have in no way experienced the fulness of the gospel. Amazingly fun. It's even better when a conversation like the following ensues:

Guy I'm dancing with but don't really know: ....and I'm hoping to get my mission call soon after this school year. So what are you, a sophomore? Junior?
Me: 8th.
Him: *awkward silence* Cool.

Yeaah...it's a little weird being one of the youngest ones there, but hey. It's still really fun. OH. WAIT. Another story!

So our friends Lorna and Heidi have a brother who's my age. Sarah, Lorna, and Heidi are convinced we're going to get married. Wyatt and I aren't so sure. We'll see. Anyway, the last dance was a slow dance, and I was standing with my friend and I saw Lorna dragging Wyatt around the gym looking for someone. THey went up to Sarah and then Sarah joined the hunt. Lorna comes walking up to me and literally pushes us together. AWKWARD. So we danced. Here's the best part though: As soon as the dance was over, guess what he did?

HE KISSED MY HAND.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the human race. Now if we could just teach those boys HOW to dance.....

2 comments:

  1. Lol I loved this post! I feel like the first time I actually noticed Chris was when he was doing The Worm at a Stake Dance. I like this Wyatt: cool name and great manners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thats awesome! i should try to get something cool like the worm started at the next dance! Sarah likes wyatt a lot too. she and his sisters are trying to get us married before we can even drive :)

    ReplyDelete