Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ebony and Ivory

Last night, we went to Petsmart to get Sarah a betta fish. I also got 3 more of my own. One was a guy (still nameless), and the other two were girls. I named the girls Ebony and Ivory, because they were sharing a bowl, and one was white and the other was dark blue. I figure they'd learn to live, learn to give each other what they need to survive, together alive. But apparently, Ebony and Ivory CAN'T swim together in perfect harmony. The result: Ebony was renamed Bellatrix (after Bellatrix Lestrange), and the white one doesn't have a name,has been moved to Sarah's room, and is sporting half a tail. But she's happy now. The thing is, this ruins a completely awesome post that I was going to do, with a music video of "Ebony and Ivory" starring the two fish. Oh well, maybe I'll do something by Journey, or possibly Hall & Oates.

2 comments:

  1. Funny that Betta fish can't coexist in the same tank :) This same thing happened to me! I bought a couple for Valentine's Day and thought they'd love each other but same story as yours. I had to intervene with my hands. So glad I found your blog! :) You're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is literally the best I am going to go send her an instagram message right now thanking her

    ReplyDelete